Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Studying Strategy

Prof. José Manuel Fonseca

“The president was pissed with me, obviously… but I was not fired, because I was the magician!”

“Wake up people! This is Strategy, good business!”

“Do you understand the problem we have in Europe? We’re doomed!”

“It’s very thin, very tasty, it’s fu--expensive!”

“This delusion that management is management is a delusion…” [whaaat?]

“They were extremely successful in bankrupting companies!”

“Really? I thought we fought, for many years, something called «freedom of speech» – in fact, we invented the fucking concept!”

“I will increase the grades of some people because of two reasons: first, because I can (…)”

“Where you will self inflict – inflict yourself (…)”



Prof. Bernardo Pimentel

“You’re paying a 4€ chocolate bar, why wouldn’t he tell you the story of how he fools you? – I bought it, by the way… – I lost all your respect, right? Well, but it is really good…!”

“The F word. The F shouldn’t be controversial. It should remind you about flowers…”

“It’s not 100% sure that you learn from success; if you’re stupid, you won’t learn!”

“Oh, I should be smarter!” [ao perceber que tinha feito uma pergunta que já estava respondida nos slides, quando um aluno disse a resposta, apontando para o ecrã]

“A rule of thumb is 5 or 6. It’s OK if you give me 5. You can give me 4, I’m totally OK with that. Actually, you can not answer at all!”

“Everything will sell in NYC, because there is someone weird enough to buy it!”

“Fuck, this is a great deal!”

“Don’t be retarded!”



Prof. Mark Wolters

“And then, we are going to talk about horizontal integration – in a non-dirty way!”

“Why would I sell to my competitors? No, no. Fuck you! You’re gone!”

“(…) but I’ve put all my eggs in Joana’s basket!”


Aluno: “What about the textbook?”

Mark: “What about it?”

Aluno: “Don’t we need it?”

Mark: “Guys, I’ve given this class for 4 years and I’ve never opened the textbook…”

No comments: